sábado, 11 de novembro de 2023

Why I Withdraw My Endorsement of RFK Jr. and Affirm the Urgent Cause for Peace In Palestine & Israel



Sayer Ji, Founder (GreenMedInfo)
November 11th 2023

On Sept 18th, I decided to openly endorse RFK Jr.’s campaign for presidency, for the reasons I explained here. My endorsement came with qualifications, including an open disagreement with his position on Israel-Palestine relations. We understood that while I consider Bobby a true friend and colleague, my support for his candidacy would be based on his policies and not our personal relationship.  Even now, as I withdraw my support for Bobby's campaign, I believe that he possesses unique positive qualities that, depending on how he uses them moving forward, can bring immense positive change to the world. 

 

Top among the policies that compelled me to openly support Bobby’s campaign were his anti-war, anti-corruption, and anti-censorship stances, as well as his lifelong advocacy for the health of our planet and children.

 

After the unfolding of the horrifying events of October 7th, Bobby and I  met on several occasions and discussed our differing views on the history, facts, and moral implications of what has transpired between Israel and Palestine. It is now clear to me that our differing views on the conflict, and what must be done about it, are irreconcilable.

 

I can not in good conscience continue to endorse a political candidate who does not see that his silence on these issues have grave consequences. I believe immediate attention and action are required, with no disrespect to our friendship and the respect that I have for Bobby, personally, professionally we have very different opinions.

 

Shockingly, over 11,000 Palestinians have been killed by the IDF,  the vast majority of which are innocent civilians, and almost half children, whilst global leaders stand silent.  Any attempt to justify Israel’s actions, or those who have colluded (militarily, financially) while overlooking the plight of innocent civilians, is unconscionable to me.

 

The situation calls for an immediate ceasefire; for the safe passage of humanitarian missions; and for immediate international peace negotiations. I would be out of integrity with myself to expect anything less from a candidate I support, (whichever political affiliation/office they have), now, or in the future.

 

I therefore must withdraw my endorsement of Bobby, while keeping with my original statement that I believe Bobby is sincere in his beliefs, is a man of integrity, and continues to treat me and others he disagrees with with respect, kindness, and a willingness to listen. I hope he will come to explore the plight of Palestinians in the same sympathetic light that he does the Israelis, and to reexamine the history of Zionism in the region as a fundamentally racist and anti-democratic ideology, as exhibited by its unlawful, military occupation of Palestinian terrorities, and its historical behavior of apartheid and ethnically cleansing the native inhabitants of the region.* 

 

Now is the time for anyone and everyone who sees the ongoing atrocities in the Middle East as the systematic, illegal and immoral destruction of a militarily-occupied-people to join together, in chorus, to call for an end to the needless violence. Instead, let us choose to join hands and hearts in building a viable, uncompromising peace movement NOW.

 

We must instead focus on removing support and implied consent for the behavior of any candidate, political organization, corporation, or stakeholder contributing to the kind of violence we are witnessing today. 

 

I encourage everyone who wishes to support:

  •  an immediate end to the mass killing of Palestinians, furthering of retributive cycles of murder and trauma that have afflicted both Israelis and Arab people of the region, 

  • an end to the military-industrial-establishment fueled conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world

…TO SIGN this petition and join the growing movement for peace NOW: It's Time to Take the Side of PEACE

 

 

*For a deeper understanding of the history of the conflict, please refer to the following resources:

 

Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of GreenMedInfo or its staff.

 

Source: https://greenmedinfo.com/blog/why-i-withdraw-my-endorsement-rfk-jr-and-affirm-urgent-cause-peace-palestine-and-4

Nenhum comentário: